Fundraising for R4B Teams
HOW DOES R4B FUNDRAISING WORK?
- Register your team with the R4B (HOST ORGANIZATION)
- Download the Sponsor sign up sheet.
- Select the conservation organization you would like to support with your fundraising efforts.
- Collect sponsors who will support your team with a fixed amount, or if they are courageous, with a pledge per bird species you identify during the competition (see: Fundraising Tips sheet for ideas on raising money).
- Spend the R4B event finding as many birds as you can in STATE/CITY/WILDLIFE AREA. Have fun!!
- When you turn in your total bird checklist the FINISH LINE. turn in the sheet showing the amount of money pledged to your team. (Amount pledged per bird) X (Total birds seen) + (Fixed Donations) = Total money pledged.
- After the competition, contact your sponsors and collect all of their pledges. Have them send you checks made out to the conservation organization you chose to support. Or, if they donate online, have them send you a copy of the receipt for the online contribution.
- Once all your checks are in, send them to the conservation organization.
- Send a report to the (R4B HOST ORGANIZATION) and let them know how much you collected.